Monday, November 26, 2007

Hypocritic Oath

Shortly after the first Halo came out nearly all of my friends were completely consumed by it. Not really a fan of first person shooter games, I decided to give it a try to see what all the hubbub was. I remember being very confused and disoriented by how quickly I was being killed and how poorly I was able to move my character. I swore that I would never play Halo again. This was 2001. Six years later, in an effort to entertain myself in an empty house, I decide to play some video games. I set the system up and popped in NCAA Football 2005 to beat the shit out of UCLA with my Trojans, but for some reason the xbox didn't want to read the disc. I searched high and low for another game that wasn't Halo or Halo 2. After a tremendously fruitless search, I opted to try my hand at the first installment of the trilogy. Though my performance was quite a bit better than my first try, I remembered why I don't play first person shooter games. All of the confusion came rushing back and I had to turn the game off, but the damage was done.

Hi I'm Spencer and I'm a hypocrite.

No comments: