Monday, December 3, 2007

On the Road Again

We're now officially back on tour and it feels great. Aside from the fact that I have been given the opportunity to spend the next two weeks traveling the country with great dudes in great bands, I am also on my return trip home. I haven't come as close as even seeing the outside of my house since mid July. I can already smell the piny scent of the huge evergreen that inevitably is waiting within the walls of my parent's suburban home. The fridge is most certainly stocked to the guild with delectable foodstuffs and the chillest of beverages. The thermostat is set comfortably at 68 degrees Fahrenheit and my bed will still hold that warmth (even though it's changed rooms). On top of all the creature comforts my house holds, I get to see my family. I know it's easy to take family for granted. I've been guilty of it before. It makes me feel like a huge piece of shit to think that I don't always give them the thanks and praise they deserve for all of the love and support they've shown me. When I decided to stop going to school, my parents, although pretty heated, respected my decision. They continue to respect what I do, even though they don't quite understand why I would choose to live in a van 8 months out of they year with little to no food and even less money. I love them with all of my heart.

No comments: