Thursday, December 6, 2007

Blood, Guts and Green Burgers

As I sit here writing this I can't believe that we are already five days into tour. Time really does fly when you're having fun. It's been a few days since I've made an update. Here goes:

Day 1 - Haverhill, MA
The first day of tour was a blast. We played the basement of a record store in downtown Haverhill called Welfare Records. Aside from a pretty sweet assortment of punk/indie/hardcore records they have an amazing venue going on there. Props to the people who run it and all the kids who came out. Our set was pretty intense and with the beating my body took was a good indication of things to come.

Day 2 - Perth Amboy, NJ
As we got off the freeway to where we thought the show was (we had the wrong directions for the hundredth time) we spotted a liquor store. Being the manly men we are, we agreed that we would enter the store to sample their wares. Aisles upon aisles of liquor were ready for consumption, and to be shoved down the front of our pants. That's when I saw her. She was beautiful and in just the right outfit. She was a $1.98 flask of vodka. Perfect for a pre-show buzz, I drank her and got exactly that... my pre-show buzz. By the time we played it had worn off, but the hour or so we spent together was glorious. Somehow during our set I managed to smack myself in the forehead with the bass. I looked like Harry Potter.

Day 3 - Brooklyn, NY
Spending the day in Brooklyn without having to provide my own transit proved to be very nice. My previous experiences with the big apple had left a sour taste in my mouth. This time however, was different. The show was held in the basement of a bar/lounge in Brooklyn. Zed came out and provided some comedic interaction with spangers while outside of the club. Little does he know (until now) that I actually am considering the life change that he and I have tossed around. Look out New York!

Day 4 - Lemoyne, PA
The last time we played Championship records we showed up early, but just in time to catch the tail end of a top secret undercover police meeting. This time we had no such luck. Twice the amount of kids showed up this time as last time and the show was an all around good time.

Day 5 - Kernersville, NC
They kept their bible belt. I kept mine. We played in an offshoot of a rad skate park. The stage looked like the set of a Fury of Five video shoot. I was waiting for Stick Man to come stick mosh at any second.

Day 6 - Lawrenceville, GA
The show ruled, except for the part where I hit myself in the face with the tuning keys of my bass. That's a habit I really need to get out of. Nick getting a concussion and puking all over the place wasn't too great either.


Earlier today, en route to the gig, we stopped off to get some food. While Cruel Hand and most of my band ate at Sonic, Jason and I made the 3/4 mile drive to Wendy's for some hearty dollar menu items. The burgers weren't green, but they were sure advertised as such. I feel like I was played.

**pictures coming soon

No comments: